The administration and staff of Harlan County High would like to welcome each student and their parents to our school. This is an exciting time for us as we enter another year of existence and continue to offer many new courses and facets to learning in a ‘state of the art’ educational setting. Our curriculum has been established to prepare our students for a smooth transition into the workforce, armed forces, technical or college education. It is our desire that all students become an active school member; our high school offers many sports and extracurricular activities to meet the needs of ALL our students.
Harlan County High School is located between the historical mountain chains of Pine Mountain and Black Mountain. HCHS is a centrally located, modern facility with 1,300 students in grades 9-12 unifying the communities along the Clover Fork, Martin’s Fork, and the Poor Fork rivers. This facility brings educational opportunities for Harlan County’s students into the 21st Century, providing them with the tools necessary for competing for jobs in today’s global economy. Read More!
ACT Online Prep
- Click here to view instructions for logging on to the ACT Online Prep Program (English III, Biology, Algebra II). If you have any difficulty logging in, please contact the teacher for which the assignment was given.
News & Announcements
- The Harlan County High School Prom is scheduled for Saturday, April 28th.
- The ARI Student Senate induction ceremony was held on August 17, 2017 in Pikeville, Kentucky.
- Twenty-two area high school seniors were awarded scholarships during the Harlan County Community Scholarship Banquet held at the Harlan Center.
- Five students were recently named to Harlan County School District’s Frank Brittain Academic and Athletic Hall of Fame.
Important Scholarship opportunities for the current school year will be posted below and on our guidance page as they become available. All files will open as .pdf documents. If you don't have Adobe Reader, you can click HERE to download the most current version. Be sure to check back often and review each document closely as application deadlines must be met.
|Memo #1, August 17, 2017|