The administration and staff of Harlan County High would like to welcome each student and their parents to our school. This is an exciting time for us as we enter another year of existence and continue to offer many new courses and facets to learning in a ‘state of the art’ educational setting. Our curriculum has been established to prepare our students for a smooth transition into the workforce, armed forces, technical or college education. It is our desire that all students become an active school member; our high school offers many sports and extracurricular activities to meet the needs of ALL our students.
Harlan County High School is located between the historical mountain chains of Pine Mountain and Black Mountain. HCHS is a centrally located, modern facility with 1,300 students in grades 9-12 unifying the communities along the Clover Fork, Martin’s Fork, and the Poor Fork rivers. This facility brings educational opportunities for Harlan County’s students into the 21st Century, providing them with the tools necessary for competing for jobs in today’s global economy. Read More!
ACT Online Prep
- Click here to view instructions for logging on to the ACT Online Prep Program (English III, Biology, Algebra II). If you have any difficulty logging in, please contact the teacher for which the assignment was given.
News & Announcements
- The Harlan County High School Prom is scheduled for Saturday, April 28th.
- In a ceremony marked by the traditional lighting of candles, the Harlan County High School Chapter of the National Honor Society inducted 57 new members.
- Congratulations to Harlan County High School junior Kylie Royce on being select Grand Champion in the 2017 Pam Holcomb Memorial Storytelling Showcase.
- Congratulations to Miss Emily Rebecca Eldridge on being selected Miss Coal Bowl 2017.
- The Harlan County High School Golf Team recently participated in a tournament at Raven Rock with Letcher Central and Belfry.
- Congratulations to the Harlan County Lady Bars Cross Country Team on capturing their seventh district title and on winning the Black Bear Invitational recently.
- Congratulations to the Harlan County High School Black Bear Cross Country Team on winning their fourth straight district title this recently.
- Harlan County High School senior Dacey Bailey has been honored by the Harlan County Board of Education for her recent performance on the ACT.
- Twenty-two area high school seniors were awarded scholarships during the Harlan County Community Scholarship Banquet held at the Harlan Center.
- Macie Marie Napier, a senior at Harlan County High School, has been named the Monticello Banking Company Student Citizen Award recipient for September.
Important Scholarship opportunities for the current school year will be posted below and on our guidance page as they become available. All files will open as .pdf documents. If you don't have Adobe Reader, you can click HERE to download the most current version. Be sure to check back often and review each document closely as application deadlines must be met.
|Memo #1, August 17, 2017|
|Memo #2, August 30, 2017|
|Memo #3, October 11, 2017|