The administration and staff of Harlan County High would like to welcome each student and their parents to our school. This is an exciting time for us as we enter another year of existence and continue to offer many new courses and facets to learning in a ‘state of the art’ educational setting. Our curriculum has been established to prepare our students for a smooth transition into the workforce, armed forces, technical or college education. It is our desire that all students become an active school member; our high school offers many sports and extracurricular activities to meet the needs of ALL our students.
Harlan County High School is located between the historical mountain chains of Pine Mountain and Black Mountain. HCHS is a centrally located, modern facility with 1,300 students in grades 9-12 unifying the communities along the Clover Fork, Martin’s Fork, and the Poor Fork rivers. This facility brings educational opportunities for Harlan County’s students into the 21st Century, providing them with the tools necessary for competing for jobs in today’s global economy. Read More!
News & Announcements
- The Harlan County High School Dance Team recently held a dance camp for children. They performed at halftime of the Black Bears football game.
- Scotty Farmer of Harlan County High School recently attended a highly competitive and very challenging four and half week academic residential program at the University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center.
- Local partnership promoting school bus safety to motorists - Independent and county school districts, county government take part in campaign
- The Harlan County High School Bookstore is now online and is your “One Stop Shop” for spirit clothing and spirit accessories. The Bookstore also offers a variety of school supplies, snacks and designer shirts for any occasion. In addition, there are pullovers that are suited for any event. Come and visit the Black Bear Bookstore and support the legendary “Black Bears!”
- Natalie Middleton, a senior at Harlan County High School, has been named the Bank of Harlan’s Outstanding Student Citizen of the Month for August.
Important Scholarship opportunities for the current school year will be posted below and on our guidance page as they become available. All files will open as .pdf documents. If you don't have Adobe Reader, you can click HERE to download the most current version. Be sure to check back often and review each document closely as application deadlines must be met.
|- HCHS Scholarship Memo #1, September 27, 2016|
|- HCHS Scholarship Memo #2, September 30, 2016|